To inquire about available physician opportunities within Gastroenterology, please contact Sharri Choudry, HTPN Physician Recruitment.
HealthTexas Gastroenterologists provide gastrointestinal consultation services and perform routine endoscopies including EGD (EsophagoGastroDuodenoscopy) and Colonoscopy as well as diagnostic and therapeutic ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangio Pancreatography).
- Abdominal Ultrasound, CT-Scans, MRI, and other X-ray studies as needed
- Upper endoscopy services which include the diagnosis and treatment of Achalasia and other esophageal dysmotility disorders, Gastro-Esophageal Reflux Disease (GERD), Barrett’s Esophagus, Peptic Ulcer Disease(PUD) and other upper intestinal disorders. This includes the placement of Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy (PEG) Tubes, Esophageal Motility Studies, and Bravo pH studies
- Capsule endoscopy studies
- Colonoscopy with and without biopsy and polypectomy
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangio Pancreatography (ERCP) with sphincterotomy, stone removal, biliary and pancreatic stent placement, and Spyglass endoscopic cholangiography
- Flexible Sigmoidoscopy with and without biopsy and polypectomy
- Diagnosis, management and treatment of Chronic Diarrhea, Chronic Constipation and Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Diagnosis, management, and treatment of Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD) to include Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis and other colonic disorders
- Medical management and treatment of Pancreatic Diseases
- Medical Evaluation of Liver Disease with or without Liver Biopsy including the treatment of Chronic Hepatitis B and C.
The Gastroenterology team at HealthTexas includes award-winning doctors, specialized nurses and a dedicated support staff, along with seamless coordination and communication with other departments, ensuring each patient of the best care possible.
Our doctors are board-certified and have expertise in almost every digestive disorder. They work closely with the radiology staff and other key departments within the team to prescribe a treatment plan that is best for your needs.
Baylor Scott & White Center for Esophageal Diseases
Rhonda Souza, MD, AGAF, FASGE (research)